I am a professionally trained therapeutic counsellor with a degree in Therapeutic Counselling. I am an accredited registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP); therefore, I accept and adhere to the BACP’s ethical framework for best practice.
Professional Training and Development:
- Accredited member of the British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy (MBACP)
- Foundation degree in Therapeutic counselling.
- BACP Certificate of Proficiency and registered.
- I am committed to regular monthly clinical supervision.
- I have a full DBS check (Disclosure & Barring Service).
- Certificate in Supervision awarded by Willows Counselling.
Specific training regarding issues of addiction, self-harm/injury, many specific mental health issues, autism, disruptive attachment, bereavement, CBT for depression, PTSD, OCD, Personality disorder, mindfulness, Moving on from separation and divorce and group therapy.
- Working with alcohol and drug addiction at SWADS - Swindon
- Working with Self-harm issues PASH - Swindon
- Working with young families Brockworth children’s Centre - Gloucester
- NHS AWP LIFT (Mental Health Issues – Psycho-Ed courses) - Swindon
- Volunteer Supervisor Willows Counselling - Swindon
- TAG - Trauma and abuse group
- FFP - First Person Plural
- SCPN - Swindon Counsellors and Psychotherapy Network Group
Professional Training, Development and Workshops:
- How to use PTSD Work at Step 2 Iapt – H Foster
- Understanding LGBTQ perspectives – Laura Cooper
- Autism: What is so different about Girls? – Seqol
- Internal Family systems work – Paula Biles
- Trauma, Disorder or adaption training – Tanya Orr
- Trauma in Adult, acute and complex; a psychoanalytic approach – Marion Lindsay
- Autism Awareness in a therapeutic setting - Lindsay Grant
- DBT Training
- Broken Bonds Trauma training - Janine Fisher
- Couples Counselling – Annie Law
- Working with a client’s anxiety in three modalities using Art Therapy, Psychodynamic
and sensory motor
- Issues of Sexuality in the counselling room
- Autism Seminar – Robbie Smith
- Resourcing client and therapist in working with trauma training
- Peer supervision Workshop - Trauma and Abuse group (TAG) – Sue Berry Philipa Dryland
- Shame in the counselling room, how to support – Tanya Orr
- Working with anger in three modalities (Art therapy, Person centred, CBT)
- The Neuro Science of addictions -Addictive drugs /rewards mechanisms – Stella Via
- Person centred/cognitive explanations of addiction – Mark Dempster
- Family systems and coping with addictions – Dr Ana Draper
- CBT Brief formulation with clients – Hannah Foster